Saturday 13 October 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018! Day 13: if I were you

Letter from 2018 to 1998

If I were you I'd keep at it 
because a lot changes in 20 years
and though you'll never believe it, 
it'll all be fine in the end. 

If I were you I'd remember
that all of this will pass like a breeze that
somehow will sometimes still chill you
in between the glints of the sun.

If I were you I'd take a scarf,
or perhaps a towel, to discreetly wipe
away the odd tear, or just to 
wrap your soul in, when you are out.

If I were you, I would do that.
Not just for the breeze that strikes you alone,
but also to wrap others in, 
to bring them closer to your heart.

If I were you, I would share more.
Let your feelings flutter from the scarf to
meet others, who will love you. Then
you can wrap you both, in cashmere.

3 comments:

Debbie Gravett said...

Beautiful advise to your younger self. I loved this sentiment - "wrap your soul in,".

Unknown said...

I really love the warm wisdom that oozes through this poem. The knowingness all softly wrapped up in scarves and soft fabrics. A joy to read. Thanks for sharing!

BiancaP said...

Thanks, both!