Tuesday 23 October 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018! Day 23: see me

In my blue eyes, your brown ones, my blonde hair, and again your brown, we create a visual yin and yang. We make striking soulmates: like photographic negatives, we could say we are two bodies for one person, except that arguably you are the better person. Nevertheless, the paradox is that each of us makes the other feel like the very best version of themselves. Because of being the better person, we make the other into a better person; we make them see that they are better. Indeed, the best, as far as we're concerned. Perhaps perceptions are unreliable. But when your eyes meet mine, your perception is the only one of value, that I can rely on, which makes the world around me disappear, save you.

My blue pools meet your
dark midnight brown; in them, I
see my best version.

4 comments:

Richa said...

Absolutely beautiful!❤

BiancaP said...

Thank you!

Rod E. Kok said...

This is about as perfect as it gets! So beautiful, such a great relationship.

BiancaP said...

Thank you! It is :)