Sunday 16 October 2016

OctPoWriMo - Days 14, 15 and 16

DAY 14 - SHAMEFUL

The shameful sight that others see
Has nought to do with us,
For loving wipes away the years
So we are all that matters.

DAY 15 - BLUE

My dreams of you are speckled blue;
It's become my life's colour,
In spite of myself.

My grey and navy eyes meet your turquoise
In a darker version,
As we advance from your teal front room
To your cornflower bed.

We rise to meet midnight,
In cerulean hues;
Please say you'll forget me not.

DAY 16 - IN DEPTH

You know me in depth,
Recalling nearly every version of myself.

I make new versions for you,
Building up the layers of colour;
An oil painter, trying hard to avoid creating cracks
As they glaze.

You turn my oils to watercolour
As we create new depths together;
A shining sea, imprimatura,
Letting light reflect through layers of us both.

No comments: